Before I give you Amanda for SPD, I just wanted to remind you to enter the House of Southern Accents giveaway to win your choice of custom bow tie, bow headband, or collar! Enter below!
/ / / / /
Hi there, Kali-wood readers! I’m back and have a great recipe to share with you!
Fried Honey Banana
I have the biggest sweet tooth on the planet and I often don’t have the ability to fight the sweet cravings. So while I’m currently trying to be more health conscious, I like to try and find tasty alternatives to my favorite sweet treats! That’s exactly what happened this week!
I was browsing through Pinterest and came across this gem and decided to make it last night after dinner! (I’ll have to share this dinner post with you next time – not from Pinterest but my best friend shared it with me and it’s delicious!)
- Drizzle olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Slice up the bananas and put them in the pan to cook for 1-2 minutes on each side
- Whisk honey (I used about a tablespoon of honey) and 1 tablespoon of water
- Remove pan from heat and pour mixture over banana
- Cool and sprinkle with cinnamon
These were delicious, however, not as crispy/crunchy as I would have liked. I was probably a little impatient on letting them cook so they ended up being a bit mushy but Kyle and I loved them!
Hope you have a great weekend! We’re heading to Hilton Head for the weekend – only a 2 hour trip!