1. Piper has been to the vet 4 times in the last month. Bear has been once. Bear had an ear infection. Piper had a rash on her leg, infection on her mouth, and then a puncture wound (from who knows what) and had to get 2 staples. She finally went for her last visit (hopefully!) last week to get her staples removed and the last round of her yearly shots. She'll all healed up now (knock on wood) and is still her crazy self. But sheesh.. we certainly kept the vet in business last month!
2. It's been 2 weeks in for the soft cast and walking boot. I'm still miserable and annoyed as hell. But.. nothing I can do. Hopefully at my check-in tomorrow the spot isn't as painful when he pokes at it. I can't really tell if it's healing while walking in this boot, so these check ups are the only way to know.
3. My first event of this year is coming up in a couple weeks! It's in San Antonio and I'm excited because I love the River Walk! I'm also flying in my favorite Nashville act (The Big Bang Dueling Pianos) to be our entertainment and I'm pumped! They are awesome so I know all the attendees will love it.
Also, I will still have my boot during the event. Nothing like hobbling around the hotel for a week, trying to look professional with an Iron Man foot. My coworkers decided I should make a sign that explains what happened and just tape it to myself so I don't have to give an explanation to every single attendee (of 300) that I see.
4. We booked our vacation to Jamaica and I'm so excited! Thank goodness it'll be sans boot. Our friends are going there early for their honeymoon and then having all of us come join them! I think it's a fabulous idea! I've never been to Jamaica so I can't wait! I've been doing a terrible Jamaican accent around the house and annoying the crap out of Tim. "We're going to Jamaica MON! We're going to start a bobsled team!"
5. Our master bedroom has had a remodel. We tore up the old gross carpet and put down hard wood flooring. Tim also surprised me with a chair rail and it looks so good!!! We still have to touch up paint and put in crown molding. So, the full post will come later... but here is a sneak peak!
6. #AllCatsEverything So this March Madness has been serious madness (for those of you not tuning in). Upsets and overtimes galore, it's everything you could ever want from the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament. Including the fact that my team, UK, has made it further than any of us expected!! We play our in-state rival, Louisville, this Friday night! And while I picked Louisville to go far in all of my brackets, and I think our chances of beating them are slim, you know I will be cheering on my BIG BLUE like my life depends on it!!
Have a great week & GO BIG BLUE!!!
Thanks for visiting Kaliwood! Want to extend your stay?