Monday, March 31, 2014
When I posted last week, UK was about to play their rivals, Louisville, for a spot in the Elite 8...
Our office was decked out in blue on Friday!!
The game was at 9:40pm on Friday night so I left work early to spend some time with the pups, then headed to B-Dubs at 6:30! Yes.. 6:30.
Friday, March 28, 2014
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
1. Piper has been to the vet 4 times in the last month. Bear has been once. Bear had an ear infection. Piper had a rash on her leg, infection on her mouth, and then a puncture wound (from who knows what) and had to get 2 staples. She finally went for her last visit (hopefully!) last week to get her staples removed and the last round of her yearly shots. She'll all healed up now (knock on wood) and is still her crazy self. But sheesh.. we certainly kept the vet in business last month!
2. It's been 2 weeks in for the soft cast and walking boot. I'm still miserable and annoyed as hell. But.. nothing I can do. Hopefully at my check-in tomorrow the spot isn't as painful when he pokes at it. I can't really tell if it's healing while walking in this boot, so these check ups are the only way to know.
3. My first event of this year is coming up in a couple weeks! It's in San Antonio and I'm excited because I love the River Walk! I'm also flying in my favorite Nashville act (The Big Bang Dueling Pianos) to be our entertainment and I'm pumped! They are awesome so I know all the attendees will love it.
Also, I will still have my boot during the event. Nothing like hobbling around the hotel for a week, trying to look professional with an Iron Man foot. My coworkers decided I should make a sign that explains what happened and just tape it to myself so I don't have to give an explanation to every single attendee (of 300) that I see.
4. We booked our vacation to Jamaica and I'm so excited! Thank goodness it'll be sans boot. Our friends are going there early for their honeymoon and then having all of us come join them! I think it's a fabulous idea! I've never been to Jamaica so I can't wait! I've been doing a terrible Jamaican accent around the house and annoying the crap out of Tim. "We're going to Jamaica MON! We're going to start a bobsled team!"
5. Our master bedroom has had a remodel. We tore up the old gross carpet and put down hard wood flooring. Tim also surprised me with a chair rail and it looks so good!!! We still have to touch up paint and put in crown molding. So, the full post will come later... but here is a sneak peak!
6. #AllCatsEverything So this March Madness has been serious madness (for those of you not tuning in). Upsets and overtimes galore, it's everything you could ever want from the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament. Including the fact that my team, UK, has made it further than any of us expected!! We play our in-state rival, Louisville, this Friday night! And while I picked Louisville to go far in all of my brackets, and I think our chances of beating them are slim, you know I will be cheering on my BIG BLUE like my life depends on it!!
Have a great week & GO BIG BLUE!!!
Thanks for visiting Kaliwood! Want to extend your stay?
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
I can't wait for summer because I can't wait for...
Trying new things..
and being by any body of water
And drinking outside
Working the MAC Foundation Annual Golf Outing
(Jamaica this year!)
Umbrellas to block the sun instead of rain
Pictures with color
Trips to the dog park!
Why are you looking forward to summer?
Thanks for visiting Kaliwood! Want to extend your stay?
Monday, March 17, 2014
If you're a regular Kaliwood resident you may be wondering why a couple weeks ago there was an influx of running posts and updates like this one. And then no reference to running at all. Strange, considering I
Well, a picture's worth a thousand words. So, I'll let this one do the talking...
Remember when I was on the high of all running highs from going my furthest distance ever? And then remember when I said a couple days later my foot was killing me and I was taking a break until it felt better?
Well it didn't feel better. So I finally went to the doctor. And voila...
Stress fracture. 6 weeks in that horrendous thing they call a walking boot. Imagine the look of horror on my face when they brought that in the room.
I could almost cry as I write this because not only can I not run for 6 weeks or more, but the race I was training for is no longer an option. No taking advantage of these warm days after the brutal winter, no running endorphins, no nothing. Some of you may think this is no big deal. But I'm seriously devastated. Just when I FINALLY thought I could conquer this grand distance (to me), I do something stupid and injure myself. And the fact that I did it to myself makes me that much more pissed.
I realize it will heal and there will be other races. But it's only been a week of being stuck on the couch and I'm miserable. I feel fat and unhealthy and defeated.
And to top it all off I have to wear that hideous boot. Tim shook his head as we were walking into Subway and said, "I can't believe you're wearing that thing." I was like, "Why?? I don't have a choice!" And he was like, "I know. But I still can't believe YOU would wear THAT."
Kate saw it and said, "OMG...that is so not Kaliwood style."
Seriously. You'd think they would make an effort to make them not look so Ironman-esque.
So that is my pity party. Put a hold on the #getfit check ins and the 10k updates. I was on such a role and this kills me. But I guess I learned my lesson. I wish I could complain this thing away, but I can't.
In an effort to end this post on a not-so-depressing note, I will share pics of my new hair cut. I chopped off all my hair this weekend because I was wanting something new and fresh for Spring. Looks like I'll have plenty of time to kill inside trying out different styles!
Does that not look like a furry creature or something?? Freaky!
And before I go... thanks to all who entered the Fifth & Mae giveaway! We had a ton of entries and I'm so jealous of the winner because I really love their stuff!
And the winner is...
Congrats, Alyson! Fifth & Mae will contact you shortly!!